ATLAS recommended Computer Security Measures for Faculty/Staff computers or any machine that stores University data*.
- Full Disk Encryption and/or encryption software should be enabled to protect sensitive information.
*Strongly recommended to work with local ITpro on implementation.
- Password protection enabled on login and screensaver.
- Anti-virus and anti-malware software installed, updated, and actively monitored.
- Registering machine with campus security to assist tracking if your laptop, desktop, or tablet is stolen.
- Implement a storage and backup plan for critical data. Talk to your local ITpro on options and implementation
- A process should be implemented to regularly change local admin account passwords.
- Regular critical patches/updates should be installed and activated in a timely manner.
- For the best protection it is strongly recommended for devices to be registered with endpoint management services. Please see your local ITpro for details.
*For any questions, concerns, or unsure please consult with your local ITpro.
*Situations may exist where it is not possible or practical to install all security measures listed above. Deviations from ATLAS recommended measures will be documented on a case by case basis with agreement from user/dept. and IT pro.