We have ongoing projects that require a certain skill set or are more popular for students. This is a breakdown of those projects and what they involve. If you are interested in applying to one of these specific projects please mark that on your application.
The aim of Education Technology is to improve the teaching and learning experience by using technology.
Educational technology includes any communication tool that utilizes technology application to deliver text, audio, images or animation. The learning may be synchronous and asynchronous, linear or collaborative.
An educational technologist or e-Learning expert (specialist) works in academic settings providing support and aiding with the development, implementation, and analysis of new technologies that improve the learning process. This includes computer hardware and software, developing e-Learning courses and projects, creating instruction videos, and sometimes setting up Learning Management Systems. Identifying the best technology for each learning application is key. Duties also include identifying problems and deficiencies in programs being used and using that information to improve upon them.
Instructional Design & Development
- Coordinate instructional design projects from inception to completion
- Consult with faculty on instructional design and learning objectives
- Assist in the development of instructional strategies, course materials, assessment techniques, appropriate integration of instructional technologies and best practices
- Collaborate with digital media team to produce learning materials in a variety of formats including audio, video, animation, and multimedia to support teaching, learning, and information needs
- Document instructional design processes and create tutorials as necessary
Teaching & Learning Support
- Provide assistance to faculty in technology tools and methods, use of instructional software, and effective uses of multimedia
- Research and make recommendations on educational best practices, instructional resources, instructional technologies and multimedia hardware/software to support teaching and learning
Instructional Assistant Designers
- Create an ongoing, online process for communication and community building using Moodle as a resource
- Work with staff, students, and teachers from the Urbana School District.
- Help low-income minority students by mentoring and coaching their future career plans and pre-college program
SMMC (Student Money Management Center)
- Looking for undergrad students with good communication skills that are interested in data analysis and content creation internships
- Interns will use a combination of Excel, SAS, R in the data analysis positions
- Interns will use Canva. Social Media Platforms and Webtools for content creation positions
- Requires Course Credit
- Requires 10 hours of work a week
- Gain presentation skills during weekly team meetings
- Requires 2-3 meetings a week with client and team
- Multiple VR projects each semester having to do with programming, evaluating software as well as creating 360 content
- Experience in Unity, VR, and programming preferred
- Create VR games, tours of campus, and even custom Beat Saber songs!